Jason Pellegrino says the problem with Internet dating services is not enough hot-looking people are posting profiles. So he and Sean Cohen created www.hotenough.org - for "fit, good-looking" people.
Prospective members must submit pictures and must be rated an 8 or higher by people already in the club. Once you're in, you can e-mail other hotties for $9.95 a month. A few months after launch, membership was at about 1,000.
Hey, it sounds like Darwinian cruelty, but if all you are looking for in a prospective partner is hotness, this may be the place for you.
I haven't found a business partner yet, but Jason and Sean inspired me to come up with a few more ideas for dating services:
- SmartEnough.org - MENSA members only, IQ test scores must be posted (and verified)
- DumbEnough.org - A site for men who know they really just want a dumb chick. IQ test scores verified
- RichEnough.org - Send in your last three years income tax returns for verification purposes (Now the real service would be to link up the men in RichEnough to the women in HotEnough because we all know that's what's going to happen in the end anyways.)
- TallEnough.org - For tall women (who always complain that the short girls snag the tall men). Height posted on the site is verified...with information on whether you would feel comfortable next to him in 1-inch, 2-inch or 3-inch heels.
- SaneEnough.org - After years of dating crazy people, now sanity can be verified. (Find out if it really is you driving everyone insane.)