Psychedelic eggs, anyone? Add a funky touch to the traditional Easter egg.
You will need: a colander, 10 hard-boiled white eggs, 1/2 cup of white vinegar, vibrant food coloring (like McCormick's neon colors)
- Place several hard-boiled eggs in a colander in the kitchen sink and splash them with the vinegar
- Drip yellow food coloring on the eggs.
- Gently agitate the colander for a few seconds to help the color spread. Let the color set on the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with up to two shades (any more and your colors may get muddy), allowing each to set for 30 seconds.
- After the last color has set, give the eggs a light rinse with water and let them drain for a minute or two. Air-dry them on paper towels.
[ via Family Fun magazine, April 2006 ]