- You MUST try a Captain Crunch Milkshake from Ed's Burger Joint in Hattiesburg!
- Movies I'm going to see this weekend: Free State of Jones and Finding Dory. Movies I'm going to see in July: Ghostbusters. Movies I'm going to see in August: Pete's Dragon!
- The brand new Margaritaville Resort in Biloxi will be opening its doors later this week.
- For more than 20 years, Mark Cowley has brewed his own beer from home. Just over a year ago, he and three other craft beer makers created the Biloxi Brewing Company.
- Rapper 50 Cent is coming to the Mississippi Gulf Coast to represent a vodka label and sign bottles of the liquor.
- The Gulfport Redevelopment Commission plans to hire a Baton Rouge, Louisiana, firm, MESH Integrated Marketing, to market The Mississippi Aquarium, slated for a downtown space across from Jones Park.
- Hattiesburg resident Katie Dixon has cooked her way to the top 20 on Fox's "MasterChef."
- In an industry that’s lost over half of its jobs in the past decade, Mississippi’s catfish farmers have by no means given up to heated competition from abroad.
- Altitude Trampoline Park in Ridgeland opened this summer. It joins High Heaven in Flowood.
- Fondren Renaissance Foundation, in cooperation with Capital City Beverage Company and Southern Beverage Company, will present the 2nd annual Mississippi Craft Beer Festival on the grounds of Duling Hall in Fondren this Friday, June 24. You can buy tickets at www.ardenland.net.
- The Hill Country Picnic kicks off Thursday and runs through this weekend. It focuses on artists who have ties to the Delta. Tickets can be bought online at www.mshillcountrypicnic.com in both single-day and full-weekend passes.
- Mississippi's Giant House Party starts July 22 and the fun doesn't stop until July 29. We recommend Mustache the Band on Thursday night!
- RCA Records and Legacy Recordings announced last week they will release the last recording sessions of Elvis Presley, made in the Jungle Room of Graceland. “Way Down in the Jungle Room” is slated for an Aug. 5 release date.
- Raiders! is a new documentary film about the making of the ultimate fan film. In 1982 thee 11-year-olds in Mississippi decided to do a shot-for-shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Film and music festival On Location: Memphis will again partner with Hard Rock Cafe as part of the second annual On Location: MEMPHIS Shorts Festival. Every Tuesday in July, On Location: Memphis will screen local and international short films at the Hard Rock Cafe.
Congratulations to Chick-fil-A. The Georgia-based chain is the highest ranking fast food restaurant in the country for customer satisfaction, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index Restaurant Report 2016 released this week.
According to a recent study conducted by Oxford Economics, what millennials want in the workplace is exactly what other employees want, only more so: less noise in the workplace.
Outback Steakhouse has a new Loaded Onion Bloom Appetizer out this week!