- No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints!
- Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
- If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper. The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
- Don't accessorize your snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes. In the beard department, less is more.
- Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully. Remember: You are an icon with an image to maintain.
[ via Real Simple magazine, December 2007 ]