For the first time in the history of the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, when visited by the 12 drivers that made the cut for the Chase for the Nextel Cup, there was a Top Twelve instead of a Top Ten.
Here were the Top Twelve Reasons I Love Racing that made the cut on the Sept. 12 show:
12. Clint Bowyer: “We’ve got special mirrors that show objects the size that they actually are.
11. Kevin Harvick: “Sometimes back in the garages there’s horseplay with the airhose.”
10. Jeff Burton: “Between the G-forces and the fumes, I’m loopy most of the season.”
9. Kyle Busch: “Switch the ‘R’ and the ‘C’ in ‘Racing’ and you get ‘Caring.’”
8. Matt Kenseth: “Can hold 8 gigs of music on my new iHelmet.”
7. Martin Turex, Jr.: “In a pinch, checkered flags make a lovely tablecloth.”
6. Denny Hamlin: “Two more wins and I get to marry Ashley Judd.”
5. Kurt Busch: “You can talk to your car and pretend you’re David Hasselhoff.”
4. Carl Edwards: “How many people can say their “office” goes 200 miles per hour.”
3. Tony Stewart: “Driving fast and starting fights.”
2. Jeff Gordon: “It’s not one of those sports you have to inject stuff in your ass to be good.”
1. Jimmie Johnson: “Unlike most guys, I like it when my wife says, ‘You’re too fast.’”
[ via SpeedwayMedia.com ]
I would like it duly noted that Clint Bowyer, my favorite, is the only driver that made the cut and never won a single race. Witness the raw power of Shawn's fandom! ;) As soon as I got him into the Chase, I worked on him actually winning a race. And did you see it? Sunday? I did it. I rock! ;) (And this was even after only supporting him for half the race, as I had to go get grilled by my betters at 3:15.)